Saturday, June 13, 2009

In loving memory of Grandma Tweed

On June 2, 2009 my Grandma Tweed, my mom's mom pasted away. There was a cascade of events that occurred since December which ended on June 2. My Grandma was a very health active person all of her life and was fortunate to only have to deal with illness for 6 months. She was a very outspoken and straight forward person which made me love being around her even more.  She was often misunderstood but in all reality she only wanted to best for her family. I see a lot of myself in her. 
This picture was taken just 7 short months before this unfortunate loss. She always made sure she was accessorized with every hair in place and of coarse you can never wear too much blush!
She was buried right next to my Grandpa who passed away 5.5 yrs ago after a lifetime struggle with Type 1 Diabetes and then cancer. He was a hard working farmer since he was just a kid.
It's always nice to see family but it's too bad it had to be under these circumstances. This picture is of all my mom's siblings, my cousins and second cousins. We also got to see my  grandparents on my Dad's side and Auntie Karen ;) and Uncle Mark. 
I really need to make more time to go and visit North Dakota more often. Some how life gets hectic but time should always be made for family. And of coarse my favorite part of the trip, I got to see the little cutie pie below.

Until we meet again in heaven.....she will be missed!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Very sweet tribute, Mikki. I'm so sorry to hear that your Grandma passed. Take comfort in knowing she is with Jesus. I love you!